Lea Salonga and Company singing Children Will Listen, at a production of Into The Woods in Singapore, in 1994.
For the next few days I’ll be sharing songs, links for recordings, and will be gifting the winner of a contest video/audio recordings from my collection, to celebrate this blog’s first anniversary - find out more about it, and how to enter the contest, HERE
sweeney todd songs: a summary
- the ballad of sweeney todd: yes, this show is actually about a murderous barber
- no place like london: tragic backstory time
- worst pies in london: 1800s fast food
- poor thing: tragic backstory time pt. 2
- my friends: let's sing to some knives
- green finch and linnet bird: metaphors, metaphors everywhere
- johanna: i just saw you like ten seconds ago, let's get married
- wait: interior decor for vengeful murderers
- kiss me: horny horny horny
- ladies in their sensibilities: ladies can't get horny, what?
- pretty women: get it, close shave, because he's gonna kill him
- epiphany: yep, definitely a demon barber
- a little priest: cannibal puns
- god that's good: lol, they're eating people
- by the sea: murderers deserve to dream too
- not while i'm around: in which tobias is the only person who understands how fucking dangerous sweeney is
- the judge's return: stabby stab
- final scene: death, plot twist, death, plot twist, plot twist, death, dramatic ending
They may not see each other for days, or weeks, months… even years at a time. But if there’s love, dear… those are the ties that bind, and you’ll have a family in your heart, forever. All my love to you, poppet, you’re going to be all right… bye-bye.
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
I’ll bet $200 that Mickey Mouse and Walt Disney himself will show up before Once Upon a Time ends.
The Wedding Banquet (1993). To satisfy his nagging parents, a gay landlord and a female tenant agree to a marriage of convenience, but his parents arrive to visit and things get out of hand.
This is such a tender, beautifully made film with more heart than your average romantic comedy. No one’s relegated to comedic relief or a punchline, and the arcs of all the characters are so fully realised. It’s pretty damn wonderful. 8/10.
I’ve been traveling around to schools in Minnesota with this job for a month now
And I’m still surprised by the amount of blonde children I see.